Will anything stop me from fostering?
- No spare room
- Certain medical conditions (please contact us if you’ve got questions about this)
- Certain, but not all, criminal convictions. See our FAQs.
De-bunk some common myths about fostering…
- You don’t need to have had your own children
- You don’t need to own your own home
- You can be straight, gay, married, in a partnership or single
- You can be from any background, race or religion
- There is no upper-age limit. Many of our carers are retired.
- You don’t need to have any professional qualifications
- What you don’t know, we’ll teach you!
Do you have enough time in your day?
The primary carer in a fostering household needs to be available for the child. If you want to offer foster care but you work full- or part-time, we can discuss various options with you. Call us on 01275 888 999.
Of course, we ask that you only apply if you’re genuinely interested in helping children and young people.
Need more information about how to foster with North Somerset?