We asked our young people what they really want from foster care.
Here’s what they said.
- For foster carers to be loving, understanding and fun
- For foster carers to have respect for their privacy and belongings
- To be able to have their friends around and to phone their friends
- For foster carers to be easy to talk to
- To be given encouragement and help with visiting their birth family
- To be forgiven when they get things wrong
- To be made to feel welcome as part of the family
- To have a room of their own
- To be able to go on holiday with the family
- To be encouraged to do well at school and find a career
- To be welcome in all parts of the house
- To make them feel normal (not different!)
- To be encouraged to get healthy and fit